Cystic fibrosis scientists discover abnormal response to lung infections
The inability to clear bacteria from the lungs is the result of a lack of healthy mucus secreted in the airways of those with cystic fibrosis, according to research published today in the prestigious Nature Communications journal.
Scientist combines medicine and engineering to repair a damaged heart
Regenerating heart muscle tissue using a 3D printer – once the stuff of Star Trek science fiction – now appears to be firmly in the realm of the possible.
- Welcome Sergey Gasilov, BMIT Scientist!
- Cycle 26 Results Cycle 27
- Call For Proposals Opens July 26
- Micro-CT Option for Cycle 27 Proposals
- BMIT User Data Back-up on WestGrid
- Experiment Support at BMIT
- Shedding Light on Cardiac Regenerative Medicine
- 2016 Summer BMIT Team
- BMIT Staff Changes
- Cycle 25 - Results
- Seminar: Real-time Semiconductor Dosimetry in Radiation Therapy, Michael Lerch
- Initial tests of the Wide Field of View Radiography and CT scanning on ID beamline
- Call for cycle 25 opens.
- BSO Update - POE-2 Door Issue.
- BSO Update - SOE-1 lock-up pathway change.
- CCAC assessment of BMIT
- BMIT user group growth.
- BMIT Alternate Detector Holder System (ADHS).
The BMIT facility at the Canadian Light Source is specifically designed to support a wide variety of programs in the life sciences, and provides outstanding possibilities for research, including potential clinical applications in imaging and radiation therapy. The facility has two beamlines; a bend magnet beamline, 05B1-1, and an insertion device beamline, 05ID-2. The BMIT advanced imaging modalities allow biomedical systems to be visualized in ways not possible using conventional clinical systems. These can provide insight into anatomy, function, visualization of disease processes including therapeutic response and the possibility of repeated imaging at low dose.
- Islam, Syed F.; Wysokinski, Tomasz W.; Belev, George; Sundara, Ramana V.; Whitehouse, Steve; Palzer, Stefan; Hounslow, Michael J.; Salman, Agba D. (2018). Food suspensions study with SR microtomography. Chemical Engineering Science 175, 208-219. 10.1016/j.ces.2017.09.051.
- Sun, Kun; Cheng, Tao; Wu, Lina; Hu, Yongfeng; Zhou, Jigang; Maclennan, Aimee; Jiang, Zhaohua; Gao, Yunzhi; Goddard, William A.; Wang, Zhijiang (2017). Ultrahigh Mass Activity for Carbon Dioxide Reduction Enabled by Gold–I .... Journal of the American Chemical Society . 10.1021/jacs.7b09251.
- Elfarnawany, Mai; Rohani, Seyed Alireza; Ghomashchi, Soroush; Allen, Daniel G.; Zhu, Ning; Agrawal, Sumit K.; Ladak, Hanif M. (2017). Improved middle-ear soft-tissue visualization using synchrotron radiat .... Hearing Research 354, 1-8. 10.1016/j.heares.2017.08.001.