Synchrotron 3D computed tomography (CT) at BMIT-ID beamline at Canadian Light Source was used to explain the features of the HIC cracks formation during tensile tests.
We developed the synchrotron-based x-ray inline phase contrast imaging-computed tomography (SR-inline-PCI-CT) at the Biomedical Imaging and Therapy (BMIT) Facility of Canadian Light Source to visualize the printed hydrogel-based scaffolds.
A 60 million-year-old salamander fossil was imaged (inside rock) at BMIT ID beamline at 80keV X-ray energy.
Using advanced techniques at the Canadian Light Source (CLS) at the University of Saskatchewan, scientists have created three-dimensional images of the complex interior anatomy of the human ear, information that is key to improving the design and placement of cochlear implants.
The BMIT facility at the Canadian Light Source is specifically designed to support a wide variety of programs in the life sciences, and provides outstanding possibilities for research, including potential clinical applications in imaging and radiation therapy. The facility has two beamlines; a bend magnet beamline, 05B1-1, and an insertion device beamline, 05ID-2. The BMIT advanced imaging modalities allow biomedical systems to be visualized in ways not possible using conventional clinical systems. These can provide insight into anatomy, function, visualization of disease processes including therapeutic response and the possibility of repeated imaging at low dose.
- Bevilacqua, Nico; Eifert, László; Banerjee, Rupak; Köble, Kerstin; Faragó, Tomáš et al. (2019). Visualization of electrolyte flow in vanadium redox flow batteries usi .... Journal of Power Sources 439, 227071. 10.1016/j.jpowsour.2019.227071.
- Ge, N.; Chevalier, S.; Muirhead, D.; Banerjee, R.; Lee, J. et al. (2019). Detecting cathode corrosion in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells .... Journal of Power Sources 439, 227089. 10.1016/j.jpowsour.2019.227089.
- Ge; N.; Shrestha; P.; Balakrishnan et al. (2019). Resolving the gas diffusion layer substrate land and channel region co .... Electrochimica Acta , 135001. 10.1016/j.electacta.2019.135001.
- Research Highlight: 3D Imaging of Hydrogen Induced Cracking in Pipeline Steel
- Research Highlight: Visualization of 3D Bioprinted Tissue Scaffolds Using Synchrotron-Based Phase Contrast Imaging
- Research Highlight: Optimizing Middle-Ear Prostheses
- Research Highlight: Synchrotron X-ray Micro-CT of a 60 million years old salamander
- BMIT eNews: BMIT eNews | Summer, 2019