- February 2019 Success! - CLS Annual Users' Meeting (WEBCAST May 9, 2019) - Cycle 30 call for proposals - New equipment at BMIT - Around the beamlines - Pictures of the season - New Publications - Upcoming Conferences
Imaging the inner ear promises to be new gold standard for hearing researchers “Hearing loss is such a widespread problem and my hope is that our work will eventually help us better diagnose and treat it. People are just not aware of how sensitive the auditory system is to trauma, and how isolating and depressing it can be to lose one’s ability to communicate fluidly with others,” says Janani Iyer, a PhD candidate in the Harvard-MIT Speech and Hearing Bioscience and Technology program.
Engineering 3D bio-printed scaffolds to help regenerate damaged peripheral nervous systems In the last decade or so, 3D printing has experienced a surge in popularity as the technology has become more precise and accessible. Now, researchers from the University of Saskatchewan are looking at how we can use 3D printing to help damaged nervous systems to regrow.
University of Saskatchewan researchers investigated skeletal uptake of barium and strontium, as tracers of bone turnover, in two different age groups, growing and skeletally mature, in healthy rats.
The BMIT facility at the Canadian Light Source is specifically designed to support a wide variety of programs in the life sciences, and provides outstanding possibilities for research, including potential clinical applications in imaging and radiation therapy. The facility has two beamlines; a bend magnet beamline, 05B1-1, and an insertion device beamline, 05ID-2. The BMIT advanced imaging modalities allow biomedical systems to be visualized in ways not possible using conventional clinical systems. These can provide insight into anatomy, function, visualization of disease processes including therapeutic response and the possibility of repeated imaging at low dose.
- Samadi, Nazanin; Shi, Xianbo; Dallin, Les; Chapman, Dean (2019). A real-time phase-space beam emittance monitoring system. Journal of Synchrotron Radiation 26(4) . 10.1107/s1600577519005423.
- Mostafijur Rahman, K.M.; Mohtadi-Bonab, M.A.; Ouellet, Ryan; Szpunar, Jerzy; Zhu, Ning et al. (2019). Effect of electrochemical hydrogen charging on an API X70 pipeline ste .... International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping 173, 147-155. 10.1016/j.ijpvp.2019.05.006.
- Patel, Virat; Battrell, Logan; Anderson, Ryan; Zhu, Ning; Zhang, Lifeng et al. (2019). Investigating effect of different gas diffusion layers on water drople .... International Journal of Hydrogen Energy . 10.1016/j.ijhydene.2019.05.111.
- Research Highlight: Investigation of growth at sutural sites in the presence of an external oscillatory mechanical...
- Research Highlight: Transient, spatially resolved desaturation of gas diffusion layers measured via synchrotron...
- Research Highlight: Three‐Dimensional Orientation of Vascular Canals and Cross‐Sectional Geometry of Cortical Bone...
- BMIT eNews: BMIT eNews | Spring, 2019
- News: Call for Proposals Open